Saturday, February 27, 2010

PGPX...11 months down...1 more to go...

The position is pretty much reversed now, since the last post....and boy has it been a ride...! Now to get back to the corporate race and start life on a new slate...A couple of offers leaves me wanting 'freedom from choice' instead of 'freedom of choice'...I guess its not easy to stop moaning about life..

But the reason I come back to the blog is that cricketing history was made on 24th February 2010 and I witnessed it in real-time! Sachin Tendulkar scores the first ever ODI double century (I know, I know, Belinda Clarke actually scored the first ODI double century, but that's women's cricket and not really the flavour of the world, so stop being a dampener now will you? :) )...The praise has been pouring in from all over the world....for a change we get to hear some good comments from our beloved neighbour too :)

1 comment:

Jeffrey said...

HI Raghunath,
I believe that you must be in the final stage of your PGPX course so if it's okay with you I'd like to ask you a few important queries which will help me in making some decisions w.r.t. IIM-A PGPX since I plan to apply later this year.
1. Can you please give me an idea of the roles being offered to those who have had prior experience in IT and who are continuining in IT after PGPX--this is in context of the placements that have happened in PGPX this year. Also it would be good to give your own experience. I have a significant experience in IT (12.5 yrs +) so this question is an important one for me.

2. have there been any instances where people have managed to change industry/function. in particular have there been instances of people changing careers from IT to Finance. This would be my goal.

3. Can you also give me a general idea of how placements have gone this year--in particular for those with high work experience.

Can you please revert back when you get a chance.

Regards,
Jeffrey. [alapattj@gmail.com]